American Airlines Ticket Name Change Policy
The name change is one of the most frequently asked queries among travelers. Changes on the flight tickets reserved with American Airlines are allowed and one can seek help from the customer support representatives at the airline to proceed with the desired changes.
Travelers cannot just transfer their tickets to someone else via a name change. If you need to transfer your ticket to some other passenger, you must first cancel your flight reservation, receive a future travel credit and this credit will allow you to make a new reservation with the desired name on it.
Name changes and corrections are available via the helpline number. Travelers must connect with the American Airlines booking number to start the process for a name change as far as their American Airlines flight ticket is concerned.
American Airlines self-service kiosk
Passengers can change names on their flight tickets at the airport via the service kiosks set up for help and assistance. Kiosks are self-service dedicated areas built to offer optimum assistance to travelers and help them with airline-related formalities. Follow the on-screen instructions for changing names on the kiosk. Complete the payment to terminate the process.
What is the American Airlines Ticket Name Change/Correction Policy?
All the changes to the flights need to go well with the American Airlines ticket name change policy. Passengers must abide by the rules put in place as far as changes to the tickets are concerned.
It is better to have a total contemplation of the American Airlines ticket name change policy in order to have a smooth change experience as far as your flight is concerned.
The inclusions of the policy governing change the name on flight tickets American Airlines are as follows:
- Travelers have to pay the airline in order to make changes to their name for their flight booking. Name errors are quite common among passengers.
- People can make changes to their flights without any additional cost if the changes are made within 24 hours from the initial flight booking.
- The name change is permitted however, passengers are not allowed to transfer their ticket to some other passenger. Common spelling errors misspelled words, or omissions can be changed and corrected by sticking to the name change policy issued by American Airlines.
- Name change policy also implies that people have to pay some additional charge if they wish to make the desired changes after the expiry of 24 hours from the initial reservation with American Airlines.
How to change the name on an American Airlines ticket?
Travelers can change their names on flight reservations by following the steps that are mentioned below:
- On your preferred web browser, travelers need to visit the official American Airlines website. Navigate to www.aa.com.
- Once you are on the homepage, passengers need to select my trips option to further get access to the manage my booking option.
- A new page will open on your screen, enter the required details such as your reservation reference number along with your last name to access your AA reservations.
- Select the submit option and you will see your reservations on the next page. Select a flight booking that you wish to make changes to and proceed further.
- Passengers need to select the change flight option. A drop-down menu will get displayed on the screen. Select the name change option from this list.
- Complete the changes by visiting the payments page (if applicable).
- Travelers will receive a new American Airlines ticket on their email address used at the time of flight booking.
How much does American Airlines charge to change the name on the ticket?
As discussed above, passengers need to pay the name change charge on their tickets. This charge is collected by the airline and travelers have to pay a hefty amount ranging from USD 200 to 700. Also, there is an additional name change processing fee charged by the airline which is equal to USD 25. Name change with the airline is not an inexpensive matter. People can speak with the customer service department as far as name change fee is concerned. You can also get some assistance from the experts.
- How do I speak to a live person at Southwest Airlines?
- How to book multi city flights on Emirates?
- How to change name on Aeromexico ticket?
- How can I rebook my flight in Saudi Airlines?
- How do I speak to a live person at Air France?
- How do I speak to a live person at KLM?
- What is the cheapest day to book a flight on Jetblue?
- What is the cheapest day to book a flight on Southwest?
- How do I contact Delta at Atlanta Airport?
- Spirit Airlines Atlanta Airport customer service