American Airlines Upgrade to Business Class
Know How To Upgrade to Business/First Class on American Airlines?
American Airlines is well known for the premium customer services it provides to travelers at the airport and in flight. If you are taking a long-haul flight with American Airlines and wish to travel with utmost comfort, get an upgrade to business/first class on the scheduled flight.
Privileges Received on a Business/First Class on American Airlines:
- Access to posh lounges of American Airlines at the airport.
- priority services during boarding
- Large comfortable recliner seats on the flight
- Customized meals as per preferences
- Free wi-fi and other exclusive services onboard.
Kinds of Upgrades on American Airlines:
This Upgrade of seats on American Airlines is available for AAdvantage passengers. You can upgrade your seats from business to first class or from basic economy to a higher class on an American Airlines flight.
Upgrade with Miles:
If you have miles on your American Airlines account, then an upgrade of the class is possible with the miles. To enjoy better cabin services on an American Airlines flight, get an update with miles without extra cost.
AAdvantage members will get a complimentary upgrade subject to the availability of seats on American Airlines. The complimentary upgrades are confirmed before the departure of the scheduled flight.
Upgrades on Award tickets:
AAdvantage executive platinum members get a free update on their every booking with American Airlines flight.
The process of American Airlines Upgrade to Business Class
For American Airlines upgrade to business class, you can do as illustrated below:
After booking the tickets, you can upgrade the class on your ticket on an American Airlines flight for a more comfortable journey through an online process with the easy steps below:
- Reach the official website of American Airlines at aa.com
- You can either log in to your AAdvantage account or click on “My Trips” tab on the homepage
- Enter your booking reference and passenger’s last name
- Find your booking information on American Airlines flight
- Select the upgrade option from the list
- Follow the instructions according to the type of seat upgrade you are doing.
- In case it is payable, make the payments and enter the details as required
- Complete the procedure and receive an instant email from American Airlines for the Upgrade.
For AAdvantage members, you can check the availability of seats on the business/first class of Upgrade in the following steps:
- Log in to your aa.com account with your email
- Search for available seats for an Upgrade on your scheduled flight
- Use the miles or award points on Systematic Upgrade.
On a call: If you are not sure about the online process of Upgrade, please call American airlines customer service for assistance and information on the Upgrade. To contact on a call, do the following steps:
- Dial 800-433-7300
- After the call connects, hear the IVR directions.
- Press the mentioned number for Seat Upgrade.
- You can also speak to an American Airlines person and get complete knowledge and guidance on the Upgrades available for your ticket.
- And if you are an AAdvantage member, share the details with the customer service person to get the benefits of complimentary upgrades on business and first class.
Upgrade during check-in:
While doing check-in for a scheduled American Airlines flight, you can upgrade your seat to business/ first class and get better onboard services during the journey.
How much does it cost to upgrade to business class on American Airlines?
There is no fixed price option on American Airlines upgrades. An upgrade can be done free of cost on
- complimentary upgrades,
- award point upgrades,
- systematic upgrades
On the other hand, upgrades to business/first can be chargeable depending on the following:
- The difference in the fare
- Time of the Upgrade
- Destination of the ticket.
For more information, please contact American Airlines customer service and discuss American Airlines upgrade to business class and request assistance for the same.
- How to Book Multi City Flights on Qatar Airways?
- How do I speak to someone at Turkish Airlines?
- How do I change my flight date on Korean Air?
- Pegasus Airlines London office in England
- How do I chat on Korean Air?
- How do I contact JetBlue Airlines at Newark Airport (EWR)?
- How to book multi city flights on Avianca?
- Jetblue Airlines Seattle Airport office in Washington (SEA)
- Pegasus Airlines Jeddah office in Saudi Arabia (JED)
- Pegasus Airlines Manchester Airport office in England (MAN)